Eric got up at 1 am to give Moxie her medicine (every 6 hours). She ate her peanut butter covered pills eagerly. She was also sleeping laying on the side with her operated leg, which we thought was a good sign.
When I got up this morning Moxie was pretty excited to see me. Lots of tail wagging and rolling on the floor. I took her out to relieve herself. Gracie followed and did the same. Moxie did not want to go back into her "fort" when we got inside. She wanted to go upstairs. I wrapped my arms around her and half dragged her back and put the gate back up. She settled back in after that. She inhaled her breakfast of wet/dry food (wet food is a special treat) and had her first real meal since Sunday. She licked her lips a lot after so I could tell she was satisfied! I gave her a few bones but she was uninterested and went back to sleep until Eric got up to cuddle with her about 7:15.
So, the healing has begun. She seems more alert and more insistent about being petted and cuddled with. Her leg doesn't look any more/less swollen and she hasn't been yelping or making any indication that she's in a lot of pain. Hopefully this trend will continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment