Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 3

Moxie continues to improve! When I went downstairs this morning she was excited to see me. She went outside and refused to go back inside. I had to wrap my arms around her and drag her in back to her hallway. She ate breakfast and I sat with her before I went to work. During lunch I did some PT with Moxie and gave her a warm compress. Eric also gave her a compress later in the day and we did her exercises again. Eric rubbed her ears which helped. She didn't flinch or whine-she was willing to let me manipulate her leg with no complaints. The incision is a little bruised but clean and healing well. Her ankle is a slightly swollen with fluid but that is normal and should go down in the next few days.
Moxie has spent more time standing today and barking at people-we've had several visitors, as well as random people walking on the sidewalk. When Eric took her outside mid afternoon she tried to jump on him. I've witnessed lots of toe touches and even some weight bearing walking on the healing leg. We also decreased her pain medication doses without ill effects. It sounds crazy but I believe that Moxie really wants to heal. She has a positive attitude and is willing to work so that she can run and play again. We're going to help her reach her goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment